Some years ago in 1953 the department of emergency health services was separated from the main structure of the hospital and became an independent medical and preventive care institution – the first-aid station of Kaluga. The Head Doctor was Y. G. Zlotnikov. A dedicated separate building was situated on 77, Lenin street and presented a merchant construction of 3 rather narrow rooms and an addition for 5 cars. Doctors went to visits by captured vehicles - Studebakers. In 1962 the first-aid station occupied rooms of the building 40, Kirov street, a construction of 1827 which is a monument of architecture of federal importance and called “Kozhevnikov mews” where it is situated up to now. Newly appointed head doctor S. F. Kiyashkin did a lot to equip doctors’ visits with oxygen inhalers which could be recharged on the station. A call center with 4 channels was organized. Since 1963 organization of mobile teams started. Lack of doctors was catastrophic. To improve the process of teams formation a position of shift supervisor was opened. During the period 1967-1969 all ambulance cars were equipped with radio and it shortened the time of waiting for help by patients considerably. Teams accepted calls from the station by portable radio sets. From the car it was possible to connect directly to receiving rooms of hospitals. Already 15-17 teams worked on line. For providing more qualified aid it was decided by station staff to organize 2 specialized cardiological teams of intensive therapy. Visiting doctor V. A. Isaev took an active part in organization of cardiological teams (with ECG) which work successfully up to now. The first doctors of specialized teams were N. K. Aristarkhova, L. A. Korpushenkova, V. E. Gorina, I. N. Bocharova. The experience of specialized teams work was so successful that since 1970 pediatric specialized teams were organized. And technical progress since 1982 allowed to put to work of even line teams a remote electrocardiograph to record ECG by telephone. From 1985 to 1988 the first-aid station was headed by V. P. Zamarev and the staff counted 258 people.